I never thought I can make Arroz Caldo out of oatmeal! Several months ago, a friend of mine told me that oatmeal arroz caldo is possible, and even healthier. It was only recently that I had the guts to do it. Cooking it is just almost the same as cooking the usual arroz caldo; it is just simpler and easier to cook.
So, from this…
1 cup of Oatmeal (I used instant oatmeal)
Chicken breast – boiled and then cut into small pieces
Chicken liver (optional) – boiled and then cut into small pieces
Chicken bouillon cube
Ground Black Pepper
Chopped Onion Leaves
- In a wok, heat cooking oil, then saute onion, garlic, and ginger.
- Add chicken and liver. Season with fish sauce and let it cook for less than a minute under medium heat.
- Add the oatmeal, chicken cube, kasubha, and pour enough water, and bring to a boil.
- Continue cooking, stirring continuously, until the oatmeal is cooked. This will only take a couple of minutes.
- Season to taste.
- Garnish with chopped onion leaves, and fried minced garlic (optional).